Jun 22, 2010

The Cajun kick.

Share
This past weekend I got in the mood for Cajun. Last summer, I waited and bartended for a local Cajun restaurant and recently got word that it was closing down, which didn't surprise me since business was consistently slow while I worked there. It's a shame, really, because the restaurant was unique to the area and had some rather original Cajun dishes. So, I suppose this being on my mind - the remembrance of gumbo and shrimp etouffee - led to me craving some hearty, spicy Cajun food.

Living solo with a lot of friends away for the summer, I decided to keep it small and simple: Red Beans and Rice with Cajun Eye of Round Steak. Truthfully, any steak would work - and probably better so since the eye of round steak is rather thin, but its what I had in the apartment. I also tried my hands at pralines - for the first time, but I'll save that for another post as I'm still testing a few recipes. I'm sure they'll make an appearance soon, but I am eating them as fast as I make them - really, and exercising double-time to make up for it.

But, for now, here is a quick, easy and simple way to get your Cajun fix. Enjoy.


Easy Red Beans & Rice

Cajun Eye of the Round


0 comments:

Post a Comment